Monday, July 04, 2011

Opening Seauton Iberia


I met Jan Samyn when I was a student leader at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. I was a last year student, heading Apolloon, and he just entered university. Normally first year students do not end up in the organizing committee of a student association. But Jan had something special. You could feel he could make a difference. And he did (his first assignment in our student association was to inflate party balloons). Four years after I left university he became a student leader himself. And twelve years ago he founded his own company, Seauton (Greek for “Know Yourself”) a conference organization. Today Seauton is probably the biggest independent MICE company in Belgium (meetings, incentives, conferences and events). Last year Seauton was chosen by the VBO to organize their European Business Summit. And now Jan opened a Seauton office in Portugal. I was privileged to witness the opening.