Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year 2007 !!


(tree I look upon out of my home study working on this blog)

The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. (P.J. O'Rourke)

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. (Bill Vaughn)

Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. (Oscar Wilde)

But can one still make resolutions when one is over forty? I live according to twenty-year-old habits. (Andre Gide)

I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. (Anaïs Nin)

The only way to spend New Year's Eve is either quietly with friends or in a brothel. Otherwise when the evening ends and people pair off, someone is bound to be left in tears. (W.H. Auden)