Sunday, June 03, 2007

Anna Vinnitskaya Winner

Anna Vinnitskaya from Russia won the Queen Elisabeth Competition 2007 for piano this weekend and I regret I missed her performance on television last week. Her name surfaced regularly in the comments during the competition so I knew she was one of the favourites. I had hoped for a good result for the Belgian candidate, Liebrecht Vanbeckevoort, and indeed he managed to win the 6th prize, which makes him an official 'laureate' of the competition (the first 6 nominees, 'the laureates', are called by position and by name, the second 6 nominees are just called in alphabetical order).

All the finalists are between 21 and 29 years old. They can easily be compared with top athletes. I would love to be able to analyse their personal and interpersonal skills determining why they and no one else were able to reach the finale of one of the most prestigious music competitions in the world. Suppose I have an opening in my team, wouldn't it be wise to look for people with their kind of profile ?

(picture: RTBF)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOQC8Bu2YWc